Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I want to post, but nothing has happened. Sixteen-year-old life is perfectly pleasant, and often amusing, but it bumbles along in much the same way every day. Not much changes. You go to school, you work, you come home, you work some more, or do something relatively dull. The weekends, sometimes you go out, see a film or see you friends, sometimes you don't.

On Friday one of my best friends came over to stay the night, and we watched Napoleon Dynamite. Which really is a great film, and the most realistic depiction of High School I've ever seen. And Jon Heder is very good looking in real life. When he gets rid of the perm and the specs and closes his mouth. I think the best bit was his dance at the end. I wish I could dance like that.

We also saw Being John Malkovich, which is one of the strangest films I've ever seen, but also very good. And it doesn't seem quite so weird the second time around, when you know what's going to happen.

On Saturday I had my second proper babysitting job, which was nice. The kid was cute, and it looks like I have a few new customers, so yay!

Mmm, told you it was dull.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Joanie said...

I am a friend of your mother's (don't panic!). I think you write wonderfully, and your Blog is great! Hope the exams go alright..

12 May 2005 at 11:39  
Blogger Maud said...

Well, thank you very much.

And so do I...

12 May 2005 at 12:08  
Blogger Hodmandod said...

Hello, you see! People are visiting! You need a counter on this, so you can see. And I am so glad you like your life, I like so much having you with me.

16 May 2005 at 09:21  
Blogger LLoyd said...

From one bored teenager to another...
you think you have a boring existance take a minuet to feel for all growing up in deepest darkest cumbria. im sure people will argue that it is one of the most beautiful places to live in the UK but bloody hell its boring!

9 June 2005 at 11:59  
Blogger LLoyd said...

......... sorry premature enter pressing! It may be boring place to grow up with very little to do except swimming in lakes and jumping off bridges! But we can’t change so we make the most of it. I’m currently trying to give the impression to my parents that in deep in "online revision" some hope! The tedium of study leave really has started to hit in. it was fine for the first week when I had my car and regular visits could be paid to friends when I needed help with revision, but that option sadly was ran into a wall and it now crushed! Ahh well we live and we learn. Would like to have “crack” (Cumbria expressions meaning having chat) and find out what it is like to live where there are black people and traffic lights! Don’t quiet know how you can reply to comments but I look forward to hearing from you. Lloyd x

9 June 2005 at 12:09  
Blogger Maud said...

Well, thank you very much, Lloyd. I am very grateful to live somewhere like London, and I don't much mind a relatively boring existence. Beats having to work hard any day.

Except for exams, of course.

10 June 2005 at 14:43  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hi I go by many names!I like your blog!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a teen foot job
site. It pretty much covers teen foot job related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

9 December 2005 at 05:13  
Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

I was just searching blogs,and I found your site, I go by many names! I like it!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success.
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
at home job
It pretty much covers at home job related issues.
All the best!

10 December 2005 at 17:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home