Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Exams - the best thing EVAH

We're currently in the middle of our GCSE mocks.

Art (2 days)
Maths non-calculator
French listening
History paper 1
RS, Mark's gospel
Biology
French oral

done.

English
Chemistry
French reading
French writing
Statistics
Physics
History paper 2
Maths calculator
RS Social Issues

to go.

Just got out of my French oral. Mme Martin is so nice! I kept getting words wrong, and she kept telling me the right one. Anyway, I got 34/50, which is an A, so very happy with that. She also told me I got an A* for my listening.

0.0

Last time I did a listening I got an E. Step up much?

The relief from having done it combined with the whole A* thing has put me on such a high. I feel giddy. I was so nervous beforehand. I had the bit of Commercial for Levi that goes 'And if you don't change your situation, then you'll die, you'll die, you'll die, don't die.' playing in my head. Which is very good, but doesn't help the whole nervous thing.

RS was ok, I think I've got quite a good mark. Biology could have been better. The others are still in Spanish. I'm so glad I didn't do Spanish. I've decided to wait for them. That way I have someone to go home with, and also someone to tell about the A* thing.I don't think you realise what a big deal this is for me.

A*. In French. LISTENING. That's normally my worst mark. Ok, I'll stop squeeing now.

Random 6th former behind me: 'Mr Winters, I can really smell weed.'
Mr Winters: 'Well it's not me! I've never done such stuff in my life.'

1 Comments:

Blogger Hodmandod said...

Listening. Valuable skill. You can pick up lots of ideas from hearing scraps of conversation around you. As quoted. Great quote by the way. Such stuff indeed.... Love you, Mummy.

15 January 2005 at 23:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home