Saturday, January 29, 2005

*coughs and hacks*

I hate being sick.

So, Monday, I was convinced I was developing flu. I was geting a sore throat, losing my voice etc. Had a rehearsal after school, during which we encountered a dilemma to do with L being about a foot taller than me. And a bit wider too. When I got home I got a call from F reminding me that we were going to see Green Day that evening. Which, of course, I'd completely forgotten. In spite of the whole ill thing, I pulled myself together, put on make-up that made me look like Robert E Smith (lots of eyeliner and dark lipstick, wild hair), and off we went (me, F, C, F's Dad). Had a great time. Billie-Joe Armstrong is such a little pixie! We were on the balcony, which is kinda far away, but I still managed to catch 4 bits of confetti. Basically, they're total showmen. They know exactly how to play to an audience, what they want, and how to give it to them. Including a guitar, in one case. When I tried to scream, it came out as a kind of croak, and by the time the gig was over I could only speak in a very low voice.

On Tuesday I took the morning off school, and stayed in bed, then went in just after lunchtime. Had a very good art lesson, in spite of being ill, and then a rehearsal after school during which we sorted the dilemma. I should have gone to bed as soon as I got home, but instead I didn't. A (my cousin, T's Godfather) came round and gave T some really nice gouache paints that I may have to steal. Eventually I did go to bed, where I proceeded to stay until last night.

I read a lot of Lemony Snicket, drew a lot, wrote a bit, listened to the radio and my i-pod (on which I now have 547 songs, I think).

This morning I went boot shopping with F. We got her some nice boots

I saw a fillum last night called 'House of Games'. Very strange. Either all the acting and iinternal logic was crap, or it was 'stylised'. Plus, the woman had really short hair and a very square jawline, which is a bad look. Add shoulder pads and... ouch. But, it had the guy who does the voice of Fat Tony in it, so it's not all bad. He gets shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home